Jessica Shirley- owner, designer and developer of Box it Design
I received my BA of Interior Design in 2004 from The Art Institute of Colorado and have worked in the interior design business for the past 10 years with focus on residential, retail and commercial interior design. My passion has taken me in the direction of residential design, emphasizing on re-design and single room makeovers. As a business owner and designer, I know the power of enabling people to do that which they didn't think possible, and the satisfaction you get from setting your clients up for success. Throughout my career I have been designing for many different styles, tastes and people. I treat each individual room as its own unique space. Function and form go hand in hand and I will make sure all your needs are met during the design process. The final result will be the best design solution for your unique space.
William Morris: “If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
Career Time Line
- 2001 Started design school at The Art Institute of Colorado in Denver
- 2004 Graduated with Honors with a BA in Interior Design
- 2004-2006 Worked as an interior designer for Mandil Inc. in Denver. Best job ever! I owe it to Eric and Sean for guiding, inspiring and mentoring me into the designer I am today.
- 2006-2010 Moved to Atlanta and started work with Herring Troy Associates. I learned all my technical drawing and application design experience from this wonderful group of interior designers and architects.
- 2010-Present Box it Design is born. I created and developed my own interior design business which drives my creative passion for interior design.